Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidessex
Helper II
Helper II

Power Automate & Power App Email Issue

Hi,

I have created the following power automate as a test to use in a future power app (using power automate to send the email instead of the office365 connector in powerapp as I want it formatted in HTML). The power automate gets two details - Title and Modified by from the power app and then sends an email. 

davidessex_0-1656518995950.png

The flow does not come up with any errors. However when i try to connect to the button OnSelect, I get an error message (test is the name of the flow)

davidessex_1-1656519117443.png

Error message:

davidessex_2-1656519152585.png

I am not sure why it's not working - any help appreciated. Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Shujaath_Khan
Super User
Super User

Hi @davidessex 

the message is clear 

Flow is expecting text inputs to be passed from PowerApps when you're invoking it. and in our case we're passing  whole Record to Flow instead field value.

FlowName.Run(ModifedBy_Value.Email,Title_Value)

Confirm that you're passing only text values when you're invoking the flows

Thanks

Please click Accept as Solution on this reply if it helped to solve your issue, and thumbs-up if you feel this is useful or important in other ways as a boost.

Hi

Sorry If I sound a bit thick but I have only being using Powers/Automate since end of April and trying to get my head around everything.

I typed in the OnSelect command as Test.Run(ModifedBy_Value.Email,Title_Value)

It still comes up with a red cross and has the same error message.

I changed it to Test.Run(ModifiedBy_Value.Email,Title_Value) as Modified was spelt wrong on your one and that still comes up with the same error

Hi @davidessex 

can you please check what values are coming after you type ModifiedBy_Value. and after dot you see wat list comes out and try see if email is there in the list.

Also if you try run

Test.Run("John@contoso.com","test") hope it's working

Thanks

Hi

I did a test run as you said and I didnt get an email - flow failed - test appeared in the modified box and the email address in title. I needed to move them round so the email was first. I typed in Test.Run(ThisItem.Title,ThisItem.'Modified By'.Email) and this worked and I got my email.

Thanks for your assistance.

great the sequence of inputs matters, great it helped

Thanks

Please click Accept as Solution on this reply if it helped to solve your issue, and thumbs-up if you feel this is useful or important in other ways as a boost.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,236)