cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Urbain

SharePoint List - Custom Form Errors

Hello everybody. I am pretty new to the Power Platform and still learning the ropes. I created a custom form for a SharePoint List through the Integrate --> Power Apps --> Customize Forms option that does not work correctly. When a new item is created, and the Form is submitted successfully, it shows "Required info" in the column, not what was selected on the form.

Results SS.jpg

Here is what my Form looks like (no anger faces saying there is an error):

Custom SP Form SS.jpg

The Contractor, Current Status & Forester fields are Choice columns on the SP List. The General Foreman & Circuit ID columns are Lookup columns on 2 additional separate SP Lists in the background. Here are the functions I have in the Items fields.

Contractor Field (works just fine)

CNTR fx SS.jpg

General Foreman Field (errors every time)

GF fx SS.jpg

Circuit ID Field (errors every time)

Ckt fx SS.jpg

I have fooled around with this for a few days now, and am ready to give up. I hope somebody can help me figure this out.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Jeff_Thorpe
Super User
Super User

It looks like you changed the pre-configured Items formula in those General Foreman and Circuit ID. I believe the issue is that the selected record in those fields don't have the values that the lookup column is expecting. 

To test this out you can remove those data cards from the form and then add them back. This will reset the data cards to the pre-configured configuration. Then test creating an item and seeing if you still get "Required info" in SharePoint.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,213)