cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nirishetty
Regular Visitor

Using Power Platform want to implement solutions for Exchange Online

Hi All,

I am very new and learning Power Platform, I am looking to utilise Power Platform and design some solutions for Exchange Online, I really am stuck in the starting phase where I want to understand how can I integrate with Exchange Online, I want to understand what all things can be done.

Looking for some guiding articles, or any links where I can learn and come up with solutions, is there any book that covers this topic, any guidance is really welcomed!!

@Powerplatform 

4 REPLIES 4
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @nirishetty,

I would start by reading this overview article. This article shows how you can use the Office 365 Outlook connector to interact with Outlook:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/email-overview

Also I would check the Connector documentation itself. It has a nice description of its options but also its limitations and known issues:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/office365/

Hope this helps a bit?

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #PowerVirtualAgents content?
Visit my blog, Subscribe to my YouTube channel or Follow me on Twitter

Shujaath_Khan
Super User
Super User

Hi @nirishetty 

The max count of emails you could retrieve is set to 25 with Get emails (V3)

ref: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/office365/#get-emails-(v3)

Thanks

If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

nirishetty
Regular Visitor

Hi @Shujaath_Khan , @Expiscornovus ,

Thanks for suggestions, these articles are helpful, but they talk about connecting to Outlook client, that's more of doing activities inside a mailbox, what I am looking for is connectors towards Exchange Online, like the ones we have for Exchange server in Power automate Desktop.

Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @nirishetty,

The links I shared should cover the Office 365 Outlook connector, which is Exchange Online. So, you should be ok when using that, right?

If you are still stuck can you explain in more detail what you are stuck with?

And what kind of scenario do you want to support with the integration?

Example scenarios:

Is it extracting information from e-mails which arrive in a mailbox with a specific subject an copy it to other Line of Business systems?

Do you want to create outlook calendar events based on information from another Line of Business system?

It would help to receive a bit more information about what you are trying to achieve 🙂

Btw, have you started with the creation of your flow? If so, do share a screenshot of your flow. That would also help troubleshooting.

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #PowerVirtualAgents content?
Visit my blog, Subscribe to my YouTube channel or Follow me on Twitter

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Virtual Agents Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Virtual Agents!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,324)