cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dkr2030
Frequent Visitor

calculated column from previous row in sharepoint

I have a column in SharePoint name "Value" which is True or False based on the logic . I have to set the value true or false based on the previous row columns "column 1" and "column 2"

logic - if column1 >0 and column 2>0 (from previous row), Value is true (in current row).

I am not able to find any out of the box logic for calculated value column in SPO for previous row.

My SharePoint list is adding 100 items in a minute and close to 20000 items in a day.

Is there any way I can do efficiently via out of the box or using power automate keeping in mind number of items in lists are added.

TIA

D

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I don't see why it wouldn't be able to process 200. Flows will run quite fast when they don't have a lot of steps.

Does your logic rely on the value of the true/false column of the prior row? If so, you could have an issue where the flow to set the prior row item has not completed when the flow for the next row is started.

I would suggest looking at setting a high concurrency for the flow so multiple flows can run in parallel. That should help performance.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
bhssru
Helper I
Helper I

SharePoint item IDs are incremented as items are added. Assuming no entries are deleted, the prior row should have an ID of one less the current row. In Power Automate you could use the SP Get Item action and pass the triggering item ID less 1 [sub(triggerBody()?['ID'],1)] to get the prior row, evaluate the row and then update the current row.

Brian 

dkr2030
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for reply Brian, will it be able to process 200 items in a minute? and at the same time other 200 items on the way to list.

I don't see why it wouldn't be able to process 200. Flows will run quite fast when they don't have a lot of steps.

Does your logic rely on the value of the true/false column of the prior row? If so, you could have an issue where the flow to set the prior row item has not completed when the flow for the next row is started.

I would suggest looking at setting a high concurrency for the flow so multiple flows can run in parallel. That should help performance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,320)