cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aschwarzhso

Bypass Custom Business Logic in Dataverse using Dataverse Connector

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a way to combine this cool feature-parameter BypassCustomPluginExecution with Power Automate.

Is there any chance to set this parameter via a Dataverse action within a Flow?

I've tried many ways but was not successful.

I'm open for any good advices.

Goal:

We're running a flow as part of a restore step and actually we would have to deactivate some plugins/steps prior, but would be nice to just ignore the plugins by adding this parameter.

Regards

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@aschwarzhso 

The alternate way I can see so far is that you use send HTTP request and use the web API.

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@aschwarzhso 

It looks like it can be done via flows it is only available via API and Plugins or that's how I understand it.

Mira_Ghaly_0-1626837589653.png

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/data-platform/bypass-custom-business-logic?WT.m...

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

aschwarzhso

Hi,

thanks, I know that. I thought there might be a clever trick on how to "inject" this parameter into a flow action. Using WebApi it's just another header parameter. Would have been nice if this can be done somehow in Power Automate as well.

Regards

Andy

@aschwarzhso 

I really agree this would be a great to do .. will keep looking may there is a way I am not aware of .

@aschwarzhso 

The alternate way I can see so far is that you use send HTTP request and use the web API.

View solution in original post

aschwarzhso

That's indeed what I've tried then and it works great.

Even though it's a bit complicated, but it does the trick.

aschwarzhso_0-1627111054433.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,306)