cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gcoleman
Frequent Visitor

Content for Sub-Area of Sitemap Not Displaying for Some Users

Why is existing content not being displayed by the views for a sitemap sub-area?

Context:

• using an application product built on top of Dynamics 365
  • created a custom entity “projects”
  • added a sub-area to the sitemap (Home/Clients/Projects) to display project records
  • am working in Sandbox environment to create an updated version of associated functionality (business process flows, plugins, form revisions)
  • I asked colleagues to try the new functionality in Sandbox

Problem:

• colleagues, with the same privileges and security roles as I have, see the sub-area label “Projects” but nothing is ever displayed
  • I see this content just fine in Sandbox.
  • if they try to launch an advanced find window from there, they get an error “Record is unavailable; the requested record was not found or you do not have sufficient permissions to view it….”
  • if they launch the advanced find window from the context of some other entity (say, accounts), the a.f. window comes up fine, they are able to look for “projects” and in fact the query returns the existing records
  • I have released a prior version of this functionality (project entity + form, business process flows, sitemap area + views) and it worked for these users--still does, in Production

Diagnosis Note:

• This is not a problem of Settings/Personalization Settings/Languages--we are all using English.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gcoleman
Frequent Visitor

I searched for topics related to the exact error message we were getting when we tried to first pull up advanced find editor from the Projects sub-area non-display (“Record is unavailable; the requested record was not found or…”) and that led me to a solution.

• Buried in the error log was “Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.CrmObjectNotFoundException: savedquery With Id = a0552bb5-7967-ec11-8f8f-0022481e9404 Does Not Exist”.
  • This jogged my memory that I had deleted several system views that were no longer relevant. So I exported the deleted views from Production and imported them back into Sandbox. After publishing all and trying to re-display several times, it finally worked.
  • Along the way, I discovered that if I copied the url from my system that correctly displayed the project records and pasted it into the browsers of my colleagues, the proper display would appear, but this did not persist. There’s something about caching here I don’t understand yet.
  • A useful thread started and resolved by Yvan Leclerc (11 Jul 2016) in the Dynamics 365 Community helped lead me toward fixing a bad reference to a deleted record.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
gcoleman
Frequent Visitor

I searched for topics related to the exact error message we were getting when we tried to first pull up advanced find editor from the Projects sub-area non-display (“Record is unavailable; the requested record was not found or…”) and that led me to a solution.

• Buried in the error log was “Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.CrmObjectNotFoundException: savedquery With Id = a0552bb5-7967-ec11-8f8f-0022481e9404 Does Not Exist”.
  • This jogged my memory that I had deleted several system views that were no longer relevant. So I exported the deleted views from Production and imported them back into Sandbox. After publishing all and trying to re-display several times, it finally worked.
  • Along the way, I discovered that if I copied the url from my system that correctly displayed the project records and pasted it into the browsers of my colleagues, the proper display would appear, but this did not persist. There’s something about caching here I don’t understand yet.
  • A useful thread started and resolved by Yvan Leclerc (11 Jul 2016) in the Dynamics 365 Community helped lead me toward fixing a bad reference to a deleted record.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,370)