cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hendri
Regular Visitor

Creating ADO work item using Power Automate and Power Apps

Hello all,

I have a form that I created in Power Apps, and when a user submits the form, a Power Automate flow will be automatically triggered to create a PBI work item in ADO Board. However, it seems like if the user does not have access to the ADO Board, then the Power Automate workflow will fail at this connector. Is there a workaround to this issue without giving the ADO Board access, as I'd like to keep the ADO Board only accessible to a select few, while the form in Power Apps accessible to a bigger group of people. 

Appreciate any feedbacks and insights. Thank you

1 REPLY 1
rakadakaka
Helper II
Helper II

Create a system user(Service account in Azure Active Directory) to connect to ADO from Power Automate and use this user in the connection from power automate . So, that you are only dependent on one system user (service account concept) .

The system user should have Visual Studio Team Services account with API access enabled .

Hope the content above may help you.

Best Regards

If my solution helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,138)