Failed to process metadata description - Name: EntityKey, ID:

We are Receiving the following error When trying to 

Publish all customizations

Publish a Form

Export a Solution

Delete a Solution

etc

Error code 80040216

Failed to process metadata description - Name: EntityKey, ID: 6c1734d1-77f3-4af6-b4e5-610b9e7d6ab5

Microsoft.Crm.CrmException: Failed to process metadata description - Name: EntityKey, ID: 6c1734d1-77f3-4af6-b4e5-610b9e7d6ab5 --->
System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.

8 REPLIES 8
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Sometimes the webresources are the cause for this error.

If there are some parallel processes which creates webresources, it may happen that 2 webresources with the same name will be created. But you don't see them in the UI.

Usually I delete the webresources that were generated by code, until I can publish again.

Not sure if there might be some other cases, when this error is thrown.

Kind regards,

Diana

There are only Global Option sets and Entities in the solution. No Web Resources Created in the Solution yet.

RaghavK_0-1600338542086.png

It is Dynamics 365 Trial Version - Unable to even EXPORT the Solution is worrying.

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

I don't think that the WebResource has to be in the solution in order to force this error. I think the duplicate key is detected on the database.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Sometimes the webresources are the cause for this error.

If there are some parallel processes which creates webresources, it may happen that 2 webresources with the same name will be created. But you don't see them in the UI.

Usually I delete the webresources that were generated by code, until I can publish again.

Not sure if there might be some other cases, when this error is thrown.

Kind regards,

@Syndicate_Admin wrote:

I'm having the same issue today, importing the solution. What do you mean by deleting the ones "generated by code"? I have many webresources in my Solution that were imported in the original package

nishantrana
Helper II
Helper II
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

See if this helps - try to figure out any schema name being duplicated

nishantrana.me/.../

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Users online (68,777)