cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

How to get error message from CDS thrown by plugin

Hello Folks, Hope everyone is fine and staying home.
I am working on building an Canvasapp to perform such operation in dyhamics 365 CE.
There is plugin registered which preventing the record to not create duplicate.
While patching the record from canvasapp i am getting the error as "The requested operation is invalid" as it throwing this message because the same record exist in dynamics 365.

but the problem is i am not getting the exact error message of that plugin which throwing from dynamics.

I collect the connection with Errors as below :

error_1.png

and when i hove on button i got the error messgae of my plugin :
Server Response:"Opportunity Units failed : Already selected Unit is associated to the opportunity"

error_2.png

Is There any way to get this Server Response message in canvas app so that I can show it to user while performing such action.

I can replace "The requested operation is invalid "  with other message. but in future if it occurred for another reason then it might create a problem.

Any suggestions on this would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Re: How to get error message from CDS thrown by plugin

This is something I struggled long time back and it seems like there is no current solution to it. I have added it in the PowerApps Ideas. I hope they will give more flexibility around error handling.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,036)