cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zuleika_v

Opening a custom page in a dialog

Hi,

I'm using one of the new custom pages in our sales app, and I have it so it opens in a center dialog. The problem I'm having is that the app doesn't shrink to fit the available space, and the dialog doesn't give a scroll bar. The preferred option is for a scrollbar to appear if the full app isn't visible. Is this possible? Are there any other ways I can handle this?

2 REPLIES 2
DianaBirkelbach
Super User
Super User

Hi @zuleika_v , 

Are these custom pages that you designed? Do you open the dialog by yourself?

If both is yes, you could open the dialog using "%" instead of "px", and use responsive containers inside the custom page to get the scroll bars.

But maybe you are talking about some out of the box possibilities in the sales app, that I am not aware of.

Kind regards,
Diana
----------
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Hi Diana,

Thank you so much for your reply! I did manage to get it to work yesterday afternoon.

It's a custom page that I've created and is opened using javascript that I wrote.

I fought with responsive containers in the custom page, but it was a bit of a nightmare. I still wasn't getting scroll bars as I expected and things were just going wonky!

In the end, there were a few things I did to get what I needed. I don't know if it was just one of the things or all of them together, but here's what I did:

In the settings for the custom page, I turned off Scale to Fit. This fixed my page from stretching weirdly within the dialog box, but I still wasn't getting scroll bars so it was just chopping off part of my page.

We also set the screen height and width to static values, rather than the formula that's there by default.

We also set the dialog height and width to static px values rather than %

Somehow one or all of these things gave us a dialog with scroll bars and no weird stretching/compressing of the page.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,495)