cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gowrikaran
Frequent Visitor

PCF Control API Consume

Hi,

I have a requirement to display the contact detail of one instance (B) to contact form of another Instance (A).

I have decided to use the PCF control and use the rest API call to other Instance as the user has the access to both environments.

both environments are created on the same power platform tenant.

Question is, how to consume the API with SSO, without promoting login? steps to use the ADAL or MSAL libraries ???.

7 REPLIES 7
DianaBirkelbach
Super User
Super User

Hi @Gowrikaran , 

Maybe is not what you're searching for, but what do you think about integrating a CanvasApp with details from instance B, in the form of instance A? 
The idea of PCF would work of course (maybe you can make a custom action and call it from the PCF), but I think the CanvasApp possibility to combine more Connectors would make the work for you.

Kind regards,

Diana

Kind regards,
Diana
----------
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."
Gowrikaran
Frequent Visitor

Hi @DianaBirkelbach , thanks for the solution, yes that is a quick and good solution but  Canvas App is an extra cost and performance consideration. so prefer to use PCF control.

Kind regards

Hi @Gowrikaran , 

The PCF could use a CustomAction (CustomAPI when is released), and implement there the connection.

Another alternative could be, maybe using Virtual Entities: then you don't need a PCF.

Kind regards,

Diana

Kind regards,
Diana
----------
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Hi @DianaBirkelbach ,

Thanks for your replay first,   I forgot to mention that additional requirement that users need to impersonate on other Organisation as well, based on their access on other org, data should retrieve.

The virtual entity is org level and it not possible to create user/team owned.

PCF with Custom action ,Possible to impersonate current user to another Org ?

Thanks

Hi @Gowrikaran , 

Inside the CustomAction PlugIn you will need to create a connection to the other Org , und then you can impersonate by setting the  orgService.CallerId .

Kind regards,

Diana

Kind regards,
Diana
----------

Thanks for the reply @DianaBirkelbach 

Using Caller ID, get the user profile and pass it to other organisation for impersonation on the other Organisation?

Thanks

Hi @Gowrikaran 

As far as I know it doesn't work that way: You need to create a new connection, so authenticate again. You could still impersonate, but need a service account for the connection.

Kind regards,

Diana

Kind regards,
Diana
----------

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,903)