cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steve17

Passing information from advanced form to Power Virtual Agent

Hi,

If I have an advanced form on a Power Apps Portal that captures email address, first name etc, then clicking next takes me to the next step in the form - is it possible to have the Power Virtual Agent on that second part of the advanced form and pass it information that has been collected from the initial advanced form ?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @steve17 ,

Yes, you can pass these values as parameters and get into your PVA bot as variables.

It's important in your Power Apps Portals that you will customize the code to get the field values, then pass them as parameters to your bot.

You can use this documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/authoring-variables-bot#set-a-bot-variables-va... 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.760 students) : English | Português

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @steve17 ,

Yes, you can pass these values as parameters and get into your PVA bot as variables.

It's important in your Power Apps Portals that you will customize the code to get the field values, then pass them as parameters to your bot.

You can use this documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/authoring-variables-bot#set-a-bot-variables-va... 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.760 students) : English | Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a free PVA chatbot creation workshop

Register for a free PVA chatbot creation workshop

Learn how to respond rapidly to your customers and employees at scale, using intelligent conversational chatbots.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,570)