Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nina2021
Helper I
Helper I

Power Automate Approval not installed

Hello,

I am trying to set up a flow using Approvals and Common Data Service. However, I get the following error message : "Power Automate Approval is not installed for this environment."

Nina2021_0-1616504071518.png

Has anyone ever encountered this problem ? How do you resolve it ?

Thank you very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nina2021
Helper I
Helper I

Hello everyone,

Microsoft was able to resolve that issue. Here's the solution :

Context : we are not able to use "Approvals" in flow. The error message is "Power Automate Approval is not set up for this environment."

• Cause of the error message : the solutions Microsoft Flow Approvals and Microsoft Flow Approvals Core solutions are not set up in the non-default environment.

Return from Microsoft : it is not possible to import and export the two Approvals solutions as they are managed solutions. The global administrator is the only user with the rights to resolve this issue.

Resolution :

1. The global administrator creates a flow using "Approvals"
  2. The global administrator receives an email to approve the flow
  3. Once approved, the Approval solutions are automatically imported to the non-default environment and ready to be used by other users.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
rizwan002
Regular Visitor

Hi,

Please check this solution

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Cant-find-Approval-actions-and-entities-in-Power-...

Hope this help you.

Regards

Rizwan Ahmed

Hello,

Thank you for this. However, I saw the post earlier and tried to follow the steps but I am stuck at step 2 to provision the environment. We are using a non-default environment.

Regards.

Nina2021
Helper I
Helper I

Hello everyone,

Microsoft was able to resolve that issue. Here's the solution :

Context : we are not able to use "Approvals" in flow. The error message is "Power Automate Approval is not set up for this environment."

• Cause of the error message : the solutions Microsoft Flow Approvals and Microsoft Flow Approvals Core solutions are not set up in the non-default environment.

Return from Microsoft : it is not possible to import and export the two Approvals solutions as they are managed solutions. The global administrator is the only user with the rights to resolve this issue.

Resolution :

1. The global administrator creates a flow using "Approvals"
  2. The global administrator receives an email to approve the flow
  3. Once approved, the Approval solutions are automatically imported to the non-default environment and ready to be used by other users.

View solution in original post

bbailey
Microsoft
Microsoft

The above is mostly accurate but an environment admin is sufficient to initiate the provisioning of the Approvals solutions to a non-default environment. Please see the following document:

Power Automate Approvals Provisioning Overview and Troubleshooting (microsoft.com)

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (930)