cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mustaque_Ehiya
Helper III
Helper III

Power Platform Build tool - Solution Import task is not taking inputs given in the "Deployment Settings File" for the Environment Variable Settings

Hi All,

I am checking the Option to use Environment Variables in Power Automate for SharePoint Site URL.  

I created a display settings file as below and using the same in the ADO task.

Mustaque_Ehiya_0-1658129152937.png

Mustaque_Ehiya_0-1658129010162.png

The values are not getting updated in the target environment.  This is with the MS Power Platform build tools.

Can you please let me know if there is an issue with the tool or am I missing any steps? 

Note:  Same json values are updated when I use the Power Devops (Wael Hamze Tool tasks)

Mustaque_Ehiya_1-1658129308515.png

4 REPLIES 4
Mustaque_Ehiya
Helper III
Helper III

Hi Team - anyone to help with this issue ?  Have you used trying the Environment Variables and connection references in automated deployments ?  is it working for anybody?   Appreciate your help/input.

TheCodingScot

Hi Mustaque.
Did you ever figure this out? I'm experiencing the same issue with the Solution Import via Pipelines.

Mustaque_Ehiya
Helper III
Helper III

No @TheCodingScot  - unfortunately I couldn't proceed further with connection references and didnt check in the recent times for any update.  Environment Variable automation was working fine with the pipeline.

I've done some testing since. I've been able to get it to work through the classic interface - but I'm still having issues with a yml definition version of it.
I suspect I know the issue (Runtime variable), but the Import Solution step itself atleast seems to work with a deployment settings file if that helps you any.

Edit: Just incase someone stumbles on this later. My runtime issue was a powershell script setting a boolean value 'True' and the condition in the YAML requiring it to be in the format 'true' to work properly for 'UseDeploymentSettingsFile'

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,880)