Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
powercorner
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Project for the web Roadmap in multiple enviroments

Hello lovely community,

I have a question that maybe can be answered by you, because I am working on this topic since a couple of days and I cant figure out if its possible what I am trying to do.

So let my try to explain what I am planing. First of all I want to use Project for the web in a dedicated environment which is possible to deploy since february 2021. I achieved this easily, but I am missing the Roadmap feature.

The Project for the web architecture (see below) shows us two solutions which are deployed in the PowerApps platform which are needed to user "Project for the web" and "Project roadmap".

project-architecture-overview-early-version.png

After installing my new productive environment in my tenant I installed Project for the web in my environment an this works as it should. But when I try to find the "Project roadmap" inside my solutions catalogue, I cannot find it.

I identified that the solution is called "Portfolioservice" and implements the needed roadmap entities:

powercorner_2-1636301286130.png

This is a managed solution which is placed in the "Default"-environment. I cannot edit it, I cannot export it, so am not able to install this in the second productive environment.

I dont know if the roadmap feature is currently only supported for the default environment and maybe is not availble for multiple environments or if I am just too blind to see the solution and the answer to my problem.

I hope somebody of you can give me a hint.

With regards

Kevin

2 REPLIES 2
bma73

I'm in the exact same position. Have you received any input on this or found out a way to solve this?

With regards

Björn

powercorner
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hallo @bma73 ,

unfortunately I have to say no. I tried a lot of things in order to extract the solution from the default, or get a source where I could get the "Roadmap solution". But it was not possible to implement the Roadmap feature in the productive environment. Therefore me and my company decided not to use Project Online anymore, because it did not fit into our Application Lifecycle. We cannot host a Project Online in the Default environment. In addition we realized that the Project Power App was not able to connect with the Project Online M365 Start Page properly. So we would need to teach our project managers that they need to access the app directly. 
It was a pain in the a**. 

Currently as a consultant I cannot recommend using Project Online. If there will be any thurther implementations, I will keep you updated!

With regards

Kevin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,088)