cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mariaherobinson
Frequent Visitor

Pulling Data from one data source form submission and using it to autofill the same data fields for a different form data source.

Hi all. I am fairly new to power apps, so perhaps you can help me with my issue.

I have the following gallery on the right displaying data fields for sales meetings that are happening today. 

mariaherobinson_0-1632342081819.png

When the meeting happens, our consultant selects the brown check mark, which navigates me to the "Discoveries Held" Form that is connected to my appdata__ sharepoint list. 

mariaherobinson_1-1632342240081.png

Once I arrive at the screen, the data fields autopopulate based on my gallery check mark selection as you can see below.

mariaherobinson_2-1632342373415.png

This information goes to my appdata__ list in the sharepoint and once I select the submit button, the following actions ensue:  OnSelect: SubmitForm('Discoveries Held');If(ComboBoxContract.Selected.Value = "Yes", Navigate('After Discovery Request for Contract'),Navigate(HomeScreen))

My issue lies in my next screen. As you can see, the datafields are the same, but my sharepoint list I need to add an item to differs from my appdata__ list. This particular list is called contractdata__.

mariaherobinson_3-1632342587861.png

Since my sharepoint list/source is different, I am struggling to autopopulate the fields above and keep receiving error messages about incompatible data sources. I tried creating a variable called discoverymeetingrecord, but I have had no luck with that either. 

One potential issue is that my title field in sharepoint list appdata__ is the Sales Rep's name, and the contractdata__ list has the title column as the organization's name. I'm not sure that this is causing any issues, but I am trying to provide as much information as possible to help you help me:)

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,326)