cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send an email from a queue

Hi, I have to make an automation so that one day a week an email is sent to my clients to inform them about their cases. (This part is solved)
The problem is when I have to send the email, since it gives me an error when putting that mailbox as the sender. In addition, the mail that I want to use is simply a mailbox without any user connected to it.
My question is, can I send an email putting as sender a queue from microsoft dynamics 365? If so, what steps do I need? Any special trigger?

3 REPLIES 3
Kudo Commander
Kudo Commander

Check out step 3 and 4 in my blog post 

http://linnzawwin.blogspot.com/2020/05/send-email-from-dynamics-365cds-with.html#GetQueue

List Mailbox Queue with name

List Mailbox Queue with nameList Mailbox Queue with name

Use first() function to get the first Queue record

Use first() function to get the first Queue recordUse first() function to get the first Queue record

Administrator
Administrator

First, go to Settings, Business Management then click on Queues. At the top of the queue, click on Open Mailbox. From here, a user with Global Administrator (Office 365) access should click on Approve Email. One approved, then Test & Enable Mailbox to allow emails to be sent out from this email address via D365.

Administrator
Administrator

To send an email we have a couple of options.

Easiest will be send it using Ms Power Automate.

[quote user="Power Platform Communities"]The problem is when I have to send the email, since it gives me an error when putting that mailbox as the sender.[/quote]

What error you are getting ?

[quote user="Power Platform Communities"]In addition, the mail that I want to use is simply a mailbox without any user connected to it.[/quote]

Do you have a service account ? one solution can be to create that mailbox with a service account 

[quote user="Power Platform Communities"]My question is, can I send an email putting as sender a queue from microsoft dynamics 365? If so, what steps do I need? Any special trigger?[/quote]

You can select a queue in from field, just search and select from Queues. But an email box needs to be linked and configured to make it working.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (7,952)