Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AngelaBrinkman
Microsoft
Microsoft

Trigger when field is updated in D365 F&O

Hi there!

I'm a newbie in the field of connecting Dynamics 365 and Power Automate 😊. I would like to create a Power Automate flow that is connected to my Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations demo environment. This flow should be triggered by an update or a change in a field of a certain record, for instance a change in data of a certain customer or a fixed asset in my D365 F&O environment. Which trigger should be used in this flow? 

Thanks in advance,

Angela 

3 REPLIES 3
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @AngelaBrinkman,

You could create an alert rule in Dynamics 365 F&O for this event. From Power Automate flow you could use the Category alerts and the Business event 'When an alert rule is triggered' in the When a Business event occurs.

In the settings of the action you filter for your specific alert rule id.

Below is an example of that approach.

@equals(triggerOutputs()?['body/RuleId'], '000073')

50953355318_6183a1c944_o.png50953355308_464933e1bb_o.png

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #PowerVirtualAgents content?
Visit my blog, Subscribe to my YouTube channel or Follow me on Twitter

Thank you very much @Expiscornovus for your detailed answer! I managed to solve this problem by using a Dual Write solution and the Dataverse connector, but this seems much easier so I will try this too, thank you :). 

Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @AngelaBrinkman,

Yes, enabling Dual-Write for F&O can be a bit more work 😁

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #PowerVirtualAgents content?
Visit my blog, Subscribe to my YouTube channel or Follow me on Twitter

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,811)