Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AngelaBrinkman
Microsoft
Microsoft

Trigger when field is updated in D365 F&O

Hi there!

I'm a newbie in the field of connecting Dynamics 365 and Power Automate 😊. I would like to create a Power Automate flow that is connected to my Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations demo environment. This flow should be triggered by an update or a change in a field of a certain record, for instance a change in data of a certain customer or a fixed asset in my D365 F&O environment. Which trigger should be used in this flow? 

Thanks in advance,

Angela 

3 REPLIES 3
Expiscornovus
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @AngelaBrinkman,

You could create an alert rule in Dynamics 365 F&O for this event. From Power Automate flow you could use the Category alerts and the Business event 'When an alert rule is triggered' in the When a Business event occurs.

In the settings of the action you filter for your specific alert rule id.

Below is an example of that approach.

@equals(triggerOutputs()?['body/RuleId'], '000073')

50953355318_6183a1c944_o.png50953355308_464933e1bb_o.png

Thank you very much @Expiscornovus for your detailed answer! I managed to solve this problem by using a Dual Write solution and the Dataverse connector, but this seems much easier so I will try this too, thank you :). 

Expiscornovus
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @AngelaBrinkman,

Yes, enabling Dual-Write for F&O can be a bit more work 😁

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,914)