cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rol_mburke

Unable to add DataLake add-in to LCS

I received the following error when trying to install a new add-in for Data Lake in D365. "Validation failed. You must be an environment administrator in Microsoft Dataverse to perform this action". I received this error after we registered the Microsoft Dynamics ERP MicroServices application in AzureAD. Earlier in the day, I was able to see the next window that asked me for the application ID, Tenant ID several other pieces of information, that was before the application was registered. I am a project owner and the environment is Tier3. We also had a user who was an Environment Admin, but they received the same message. I am also a global admin because we have added permissions to eliminate that as an issue. I am confused as to what might have happened to remove these privileges.

1 REPLY 1
MayurNair
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi There,

Thank you for your question. 

The root cause of the issue is related to license and permissions. Could you please validate the following to resolve the issue:

1. Make sure that the user has correct permissions and the user has entitlements(finance, supply chain, project operations, or commerce license ) assigned to them, or

2. Use a user account which has already entitlements assigned and correct permissions, or

3. If it was a new user who got licenses and permissions assigned and tried only once, you should be able to retry now

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,003)