cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joshbooker
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Universal Resource Scheduling in Project for the Web

We are a CSP partner with clients currently subscribed to Project Online (P3) who are ready to abandon the product due mostly to cross-project resource capacity planning/scheduling limitations of PWA.

I understand the new D365 Project Operations (PO) is the top-level modern offering closely integrated with CE, CS & Field of which Universal Resource Scheduling (URS) is a subset and Project for the web (P4W) includes a further subset.

I understand the project side is in flux and so are the docs. What's unclear in the documentation, is what subset of URS is included in P4W and how can I get up to speed ASAP on the current status and concrete roadmap of that functionality to see if we can save the deal from abandonment?

D365PO is not likely an option for our Small Business customers, I suppose I'm reaching out for contact with someone in the know for details in the project side and or any partner self-service training availability.

Thanks in advance for anything you can provide.

Josh

2 REPLIES 2
DanielMonger
Frequent Visitor

Could not have said it better myself.

We are also in pretty much the same position. It was noted on the roadmap the URS was released but no documentation to support it (as already mentioned). We have found the Resource Reconciliation tab hidden on the project form but no matter what we try, nothing appears. 

@DanielMongerwe found the same regard the Reconciliation tab.  There's a bunch of stuff hidden in the URS app as well.  More guidance from the Project team would be nice, even if only to say we can rely on the URS docs for now plus a bit of explanation as to what is expected feature set OOB with P4W. 

FWIW, I was alerted to this blog today which is more detail than has been forthcoming from MS thus far.

https://www.senseiprojectsolutions.com/insights/resource-management-best-practices/

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,311)