cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joshbooker
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Universal Resource Scheduling in Project for the Web

We are a CSP partner with clients currently subscribed to Project Online (P3) who are ready to abandon the product due mostly to cross-project resource capacity planning/scheduling limitations of PWA.

I understand the new D365 Project Operations (PO) is the top-level modern offering closely integrated with CE, CS & Field of which Universal Resource Scheduling (URS) is a subset and Project for the web (P4W) includes a further subset.

I understand the project side is in flux and so are the docs. What's unclear in the documentation, is what subset of URS is included in P4W and how can I get up to speed ASAP on the current status and concrete roadmap of that functionality to see if we can save the deal from abandonment?

D365PO is not likely an option for our Small Business customers, I suppose I'm reaching out for contact with someone in the know for details in the project side and or any partner self-service training availability.

Thanks in advance for anything you can provide.

Josh

4 REPLIES 4
DanielMonger
Frequent Visitor

Could not have said it better myself.

We are also in pretty much the same position. It was noted on the roadmap the URS was released but no documentation to support it (as already mentioned). We have found the Resource Reconciliation tab hidden on the project form but no matter what we try, nothing appears. 

@DanielMongerwe found the same regard the Reconciliation tab.  There's a bunch of stuff hidden in the URS app as well.  More guidance from the Project team would be nice, even if only to say we can rely on the URS docs for now plus a bit of explanation as to what is expected feature set OOB with P4W. 

FWIW, I was alerted to this blog today which is more detail than has been forthcoming from MS thus far.

https://www.senseiprojectsolutions.com/insights/resource-management-in-project-for-the-web/

https://www.senseiprojectsolutions.com/insights/resource-management-best-practices/

joshbooker
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

@DanielMonger 

For what its worth I looked into the Reconciliation Tab and found this:

It appears the Reconciliation custom control is on the solution but the html file calls for require.js script which is not in the solution at the expected location.  What;s more, the file contains a developer comment directly adjacent to the script that 404s:

<!-- TODO: Task 1500080: PSA Solution Segmentation - Update recon control for require and dependencies -->
<script data-main="../script/dist/main.js" type="text/javascript" src="../../Libraries/require/require.js"></script>

I'm pretty sure there's nothing we can do to resolve this aside from replace the custom control with our own since it's a managed solution.

joshbooker_0-1635429601279.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (1,459)