cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Expression.Error: The key did not match any rows in the table

I have a data set that has refreshed successfully in the past. It was built 3 days ago and refreshed fine for two days. Now I cannot refresh it either on the desktop version or from services. The error reads Expression.Error: The key didn't match any rows int he table. Other tables return the error message Load was cancelled by an error in loading a previous table. I tried to delete the problematic table from the data set with plans to re add it later. When I deleted the problem table, a second table threw the same error. I removed it too and a third then erred.  It is a domino effect. All tables are failing one at a time. The tables, however, are fine. I can use them in other documents and in PowerPivot. any ideas?

A coworker updated her version and the gateway and is getting the same error. This was built in a group and resides in the group folder.

39 REPLIES 39

Good to hear that it helped you to resolve the issue 🙂

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

I had this same issue and in my case it turned out to be permissions on the SQL views. As soon as I added the correct permissions to the views using SQL management studio - BOOM - worked fine.

Yes, I had the same problem and following your suggestion really helped me.

Thanks!

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

I had this same issue.  Turns out when I changed some code I was dropping the source table instead of a temp table used in the query.  So, it the source is unavailable it would appear that will also cause this error.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Just to add to the growing responses on this error. 

I have resolved this by using Basic Authentication on the Gateway, rather than Windows. This despite desktop using Windows.

I'm not fully certain how making this change has worked, given some of my Impala datasources were able to refresh on the Server with Windows, but not others.

We re-entered the credentials to the Gateway on Windows authentication and it threw a connection error, upon changing it to Basic it connected and I can now refresh from all Databases the account has access to. 

Hope this helps others. 

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

I have the same problem in Power Query through Excel 2016 too. None of the suggestions in the thread worked for me, unfortunately.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

estimados,

Tengo el mismo problema. Estoy trabajando con BigQuery que agrupa muchas sheet de google. Puedo trabajar bien en la version escritorio se actualiza bien, pero al actualizar en la web me genera este error. 

Ayuda por favor!

My error still persists, I'm using a source as an import in Google big query, I even separated each table in a pbix file to update, but the error happens in all files, I don't know what to do.

Awesome, it worked for, me as well! Thanks a lot😃

EvilBean

No help at all.

I've deleted my query and rebuilt it. Before I've made any changes to the data I'm getting this error and the data refuses to load where it did before. What the frog is going on?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,350)