cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rohitjadhav123
Level: Powered On

How to connect bot created using PVA to a Bot framework Virtual agent.

We have a architecture of BOTs created using Bot frameworks Virtual Assistant. We have few Skill bots or I can call them Skills which are connected to master Virtual Assistant bot. Here is some info on Skills. Out of the Box Virtual Assistant has capability to reach out to each Skill bot or Skill using Http Adapter built by MBF. We as a consumer have just been building skills or I can say writing code/dialogs using BF to support scenarios we want and then we just connect new bot to Virtual Assistant.

Note: We need 2 things ( explained here ) in order to connect to a Skill bot from Virtual Assistant. One is Bots ID and second is Bots deployed endpoint.

Q1. I am interested to know if we can connect a bot built using PVA to a Virtual Assistant ?
Clearly I would need two things I mentioned above.

I managed to build a bot using PVA and deployed that to Ms team channel. So in this process I was able to grab Bot ID.
Q2. Where can I find hosted messaged endpoint URL for this bot ?

Q3. Where are these bots hosted which are built using PVA ?

4 REPLIES 4
Microsoft 4LB3r7
Microsoft

Re: How to connect bot created using PVA to a Bot framework Virtual agent.

Hi @rohitjadhav123 ,

Thanks for posting this question.  Unfortunately, currently PVA bot cannot be connected as a skill bot. It means you cannot use your master virtual agent to PVA bot via skill protocol. 

You can still use the bot connector protocol to call our bot in your master virtual assistant. Here is some sample code you can take a look:

https://github.com/microsoft/PowerVirtualAgentsSamples/tree/master/BotConnectorApp

Thanks

rohitjadhav123

Thank you @4LB3r7 

So what I get it we can still trigger PVA Bot from Bf VA, but this time it will use bot connector protocol and not regular skill protocol. Right ?

I am little confused due to https://github.com/microsoft/PowerVirtualAgentsSamples/tree/master/RelayBotSample

as it does say 'Sample of connecting Bot Framework v4 bot to a Power Virtual Agent bot.'

So should we use BotConnectorApp or RelayBotSample

Microsoft 4LB3r7
Microsoft

Hi @rohitjadhav123

You are right. You should look at how RelayBotSample, then you are going to understand how to use bot connector protocol to call PVA bot. 

rohitjadhav123

Hi @4LB3r7 , 

RelayBotSample, is mentioned on page 'Add Power Virtual Agent bot to Azure Bot Service channels' which is nothing but if we want to connect our bot to end users on Azure Bot Service channels. This means we have existing Azure bot service using V4 SDK and not to confused this with Microsoft Bot Framework Virtual Assistant. As both are different code stacks, meaning a v4 BF bot is little different that Bf virtual assistant. 

So what is your recommendation? RelayBotSample,  OR BotConnectorApp

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,554)