cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rohitjadhav123
Level: Powered On

Is is possible to create orchestration for PVA bots

Hello,

We are trying to explore PVA capabilities before we accept this platform fully as bot development in our organization. We have many teams that are building bot and, we are trying to see if we can create Master - slave pattern or Virtual assistant pattern in PVA.

Example:

Master PVA bot get user input.

Master PVA, provide user authentication using existing PVA capabilities. and, flows out in 2 paths.

• If user token is received -
  • If user token is not received.

Based on some information present in a token, master will call respective Child PVA bot. For example, if in JWT token user belongs to 'HR group', master will send user to HR PVA bot.

Can we achieve something like this in PVA platform? If not out of the box, are there any workarounds? or items on the roadmap?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
renatoromao
Level 10

Re: Is is possible to create orchestration for PVA bots

Additionally, I created the idea here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/Create-a-Master-bot-and-redirect-to-another-bot...

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution.

Thanks!
Renato Romão
https://www.linkedin.com/in/renatoromao/

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
renatoromao
Level 10

Hi @rohitjadhav123 ,

Thanks for posting in the forum! 🙂

Yes, it is possible to do your situation, just follow these steps:

- Create a bot

- Create some topics, like HR Group, Finance Group, Directory Group

- Create a principal topic called General

- When user open your principal topic, you force to use Authentication, get the token and you can validate the token sending  as a parameter to Power Automate

- When you Power Automate returns your text variable, you can create a condition if is "HR Group", use the "Go to another topic" action on the PVA

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution.

Thanks!
Renato Romão

rohitjadhav123

I liked your solution but it assumes I have to work with only 1 PVA bot. You missed a point where I mentioned master PVA and slave PVA's. You are assuming HR Group, Finance Group, Directory Group as topics to a PVA bot vs I am saying the individually need to be PVA bots. Moreover, General Topic will be part of separate PVA master bot.

renatoromao
Level 10

Hi @rohitjadhav123 ,

Sorry, I suggested another way to do it using one PVA bot.

Unfortunately, you cannot redirect to another Bot or something like that. You just can redirect/call another topic, but not Bot.

---

Thanks!
Renato Romão

Microsoft CleberM
Microsoft

Hi @rohitjadhav123 ,

A workaround would be to call a Bot Framework bot via Skill, but that's probably not what you want.

Can you tell us why you want to separate these in separate bots, instead of using @renatoromao 's suggestion? I would like to understand your scenario so we can potentially bring that as a feature to Power Virtual Agents.

Thanks

renatoromao
Level 10

Additionally, I created the idea here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/Create-a-Master-bot-and-redirect-to-another-bot...

---

Thanks!
Renato Romão

View solution in original post

rohitjadhav123

@renatoromao just to make sure I got it right. What is the connector and action name on MS flow I should be using to validate the token? I didnt find specific one. 

renatoromao
Level 10

Use the PVA authentication, open the documentation related to Power Virtual agents.
rohitjadhav123

Yes, I have already read that have auth setup using azure AD. Its working and giving right token back. I am focusing on following statement of yours

"validate the token sending as a parameter to Power Automate"

What do you expect Power Automate to do with token? and, what string to send back to bot as an output?

renatoromao
Level 10

@rohitjadhav123 ,

You can get the token message, call the Power Automate using the token as a parameter/input, inside the Power Automate, validate using the Condition or use this token to get some properties related to the user using Office 365 connectors and respond to Power Virtual Agents as an output. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,936)