cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keseykid
Level: Powered On

Transfer to agent does not work

This action does not work for me when testing.

No error is shown when testing in the portal, but the below is shown in the demo site:

PVA_error.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft pawan-msft
Microsoft

Re: Transfer to agent does not work

@keseykid - Good point. Yes, only web-enabled channels using custom canvases can escalate seamlessly to a human agent. I'll make sure we can update product documentation to reflect this more clearly.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
JoeGill
Level 8

Hi,

I get that error as well. Did you configure your omni channel queue?

I did but I was expecting the the icon to turn green

Joe

Capture.PNG

keseykid

No, I am not using Omnichannel. I just want to hand off to someone on Teams

Microsoft pawan-msft
Microsoft

@keseykid -

I'm sorry you're having issues while attempting to hand-off to a live agent. My understanding is that you are attempting to hand-off to a live agent using Teams. You will not be able to use the out-of-box test canvas to hand-off to live agent on Teams. The "red box" you see is an error informing you that hand-off was indeed triggered, but you will need to do extra work to seamlessly and contextually hand-off to a live agent. We have some public documentation forthcoming on this, but nothing now.

If you're looking to write custom code to achieve your goals, I can provide steps you can perform today. If you're looking to see how hand-off works end-to-end, my recommendation would be to Omnichannel as it will be far quicker. Please let me know what your goal is and I can respond appropriately.

Thank you,

Pawan

Microsoft pawan-msft
Microsoft

@JoeGill - You may have figured this out already, but I'll say it anyway for the sake of others that may be experiencing this. Once you add the new "Transfer to agent" node, you will need to write custom code (in your chat canvas) to hand-off the chat to live agents. For this reason, even after you configure Omnichannel, you will need to use Omnichannel's chat widget to test the bot end-to-end.

Hope that helps.

Thank you,

Pawan

Highlighted
JoeGill
Level 8

Hi Pawan,

Sorry I did not figure it out. Wish I was that clever 😀

If you have any info you could send on that would be great. I am looking at Omni channel at the moment but I would like to have a go handing over to a custom hand also

Thanks a mill

Joe

Dhina

Hi Pawan,

I am looking forward as well to the steps to escalate to other products other than omni channel for the sake of curiosity. Is it possible to update the details in the same thread?

Best,
Dhina

Microsoft pawan-msft
Microsoft

🙂 You're being modest. Here's public documentation explaining what you need to do to setup your queues, routing rules to escalate to agents using Omnichannel.

>> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/omnichannel/administrator/configure-bot-virtual-agent

Here's a quick summary of things I did to make this work,

1. Completed the wizard to connect my bot to Omnichannel (seems you've done this already)
  2. Created a bot queue and added bot into that queue
  3. Created a routing rule that hands off to an agent
  4. Once your settings have sync'd (~15 minutes), open the Omnichannel chat widget and trigger the bot.
  5. Upon triggering hand-off, a human agent was able to join the conversation

Let me know how I can help.

-Pawan

Microsoft pawan-msft
Microsoft

@Dhina - I just did in a reply to @JoeGill. We really want our documentation covering this to help - so please give us feedback on what we can improve there.

Dhina

Thanks for this @pawan-msft. I am also hoping to get direction on how do we escalate to products such as Teams (something other than Omnichannel EH). Do we have any guidelines or steps for this?

Best,
Dhina

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,918)