cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jpirelli
Level: Powered On

Where do errors go?

I was working with my bot, and connecting to Flow to pull a row from Excel. Everything appeared to work and I can see no issue in trace process, but the bot errors out instead of proceeding to the next step. I am sure I will have many errors, is there a way to see the exceptions?

https://powerva.microsoft.com/canvas?cci_bot_id=8a04ab3f-3dfc-4cc1-8280-8557a52bb4a4&cci_tenant_id=3...

8 REPLIES 8
JoeGill

Re: Where do errors go?

The error is happening in Flow so I would suggest if you get an error in Flow that you set an indicator in an an output variable returned to Virtual Agent. In Virtual Agent you can test the output value to see if an error has occurred and if so output a friendly response to the the bot user

hth

Joe

jpirelli

That was my first thought as well, but the flow looks completely successful, even with the correct JSON in the response:

{
"retProduct": "AEM",
  "retEmail": "daycare@domain.com",
  "retTicketSystem": "Daycare",
  "retLink": "https://www.daycare.com",
  "retDescription": "Exp Manager"
}

JoeGill

Sorry you confused me now -  Is the error in the flow? 

jpirelli

The flow has never failed. It logs complete success and payload as expected. Even the action step in my bot is successful, but the bot still ends with error.

The bot says: 
Sorry, something went wrong. I am not able to help you at the moment, please check back later.

So I have no clue what might be the issue and how/where to troubleshoot it, especially since the flow is successful.

JoeGill

Sounds like a timeout waiting for Flow to complete.  Check it works if you call another Flow - maybe a dummy with a fixed response.

jpirelli

The flow runs in < 3 seconds. It is a simple flow to get a row from an excel stored in sharepoint.

On my first bot in the same env, I was able to follow along and get the greeting tutorial to work.

I'll mess with it more later, but back to my original question, where are the logs? If it is timing out, that should be trapped and surfaced somewhere?

JoeGill

It is a SaaS platform so in depth errors not usually available.   Goto analytics and exports sessions and you can see conversation and what session where escalated or not resolved.  

You should also able to query the Bot entities in the CDS environment  but I have not looked at these in depth yet

Joe

jpirelli

By pulling down the bot snapshot, I was able to see the error with JSON. Specifically, the JSON Schema I had defined had one more field than the JSON Payload I built, so it was erroring out at the bot side to parse the JSON. Ideally Power Automate would have recognized the fundamental issue here, but it shows as a pass and completes successfully.

In this case, and I am guessing many others, the error surfaces in the Snapshot JSON you can download!

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,978)