Level: Powered On
Accepted Solution

An Error Occured on the Server

Good morning. I woke up to a few emails from users telling me that there's a random error. 

When I log into any of my 5 apps, I get an error that states " An error occured on the server".  error.PNG

Everything appears to be functioning, however, when I'm in the studio and try to do a data refresh on my Azure SQL Db, the PA Editor gives me the error "Try Again.    Please see attached photo. 

I've checked the username and password and I am able to connect to the SQL db in both Excel and Visual Studio.  All other connections (SharePoint, Office 365, OneDrive) are not affected.  What would cause this?

Brendon

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: An Error Occured on the Server

@v-micsh-msft

For me, the issue has been resolved. Thanks.

Brendon

View solution in original post

All Replies

I seem to be having the same issue connecting to a PAAS DB. SSMS can open with no issues with the same userID.

Update: Seems to be occuring in Google Chrome, and not in the Power Apps Editor (windows version) or on Edge. 

seems like the desktop editor is broken, as well as from IOS11 on iphones

Our app seemed to start functioning again after simply re-publishing it. Not sure if that triggered something on the data connectors or what happened, but as soon as I re-published both web and mobile work.

Community Support Team

Hi @BrendonBrooksP1,

There are connectivity issues under the Environments located in Europe.

Which should be fixed.

"

Impact period was from 09/22/2017 at approximately 10:00 UTC through 12:26 UTC.

"

Please check and see if issue has been resolved.

Regards,

Michael

Level 8

@v-micsh-msft

You were saying that the issues should've been fixed, but I still have users experiencing these problems.

2 users on 2 different apps - one app uses Azure SQL connection, one app uses on-premise SQL connection (through gateway) - both get 'An error occurred on the server'

Having a look at the network trace they both get 404 for the same 3 URLs:

error.png

With one of the users I have tried to connect to the other affected app and when it gets prompted to create the on-prem SQL connection it gets the following error:

error2.png

Is anyone able to investigate this? Is this caused by the previous problem? It all seems to be very unstable after the latest update.

Thanks

MelindaK
Level 10

[ Edited ]

Hi @MelindaK

I have actually also started to receive this same error from time to time on SQL Server connection.

All it says is that Error Occurred on Server. The only solution I have found is to tell my users is to reload the app.

Level 8

@MartynasJurkus

Refreshing doesn't always fixes it. The user reported that from what he tried it is like 1 in 6 refreshes that it actually works... which is not acceptable for a live application used across the business.

MelindaK
Highlighted

@v-micsh-msft

For me, the issue has been resolved. Thanks.

Brendon