Highlighted
Level: Powered On

Can I customize the format in Data Card Values?

Hi!

In the "Data Card Values" field there is a property called "Format". When it's configurated as "TextFormat.Number" the input of characters in the field is affected, enabling just numbers and "." or "," (depending of language settings). Can I customize the pattern, using something like "##-#"? Is it possible?

I'm searching but I didn't founding to much material about it.

Thanks again!

Community Support Team

Re: Can I customize the format in Data Card Values?

Hi @Rapha222,

Could you please share some details regarding the data source you used here? I will see if I could have the format property displayed.

Currently I can't find the format property under Data Card Values within PowerApps studio, also there is no Property reference listed in the document:

Controls and properties in PowerApps

The textformat.number should be a type of pre-defined text format, I don't think customization on this would work.

See: Text function in PowerApps

Regards

Level: Powered On

@v-micsh-msft thanks for answering my message!

I'm thinking that is not alowed customize the text format as well, but I'd like a confirmation. About my data source, I'm using a connection with SQL server through Gateway and my database field is float.

My "real" problem is that my database, for standard, is in "en_US" configuration, but some users are using devices in "es_ES". When I use the format value "textformat.number" my interface works properly if the client uses the language/locale "en_US" and when the client are using "es_ES" language, they can't write the values with dot (ex.: 453.34), just with commas... and saving the number with commas a generic database error happens. If I don't have any format defined, the user can write the numbers with "dot" and save the information, but they also can write alphanumeric characters... because it I'm trying to customize the format to something like "##.##"...

Thanks, 

Community Support Team

Hi @Rapha222,

Thanks for the update and apologize for the late response.

I will forward this and update here if there are any information helpful.

Regards