Highlighted
Level: Powered On
Accepted Solution

Cannot download app

I am the O365 admin, and have been trialling the web app for Power apps

We now want to download the Window 10 app.

We can access the store - but when we click download it says "starting download" and does nothing else.

I cannot login to the store using our O365 credentials, store access is enabled in the O365 admin portal.

How on earth are you supposed to use the stiore? I am truly baffled by the lack of intuitiveness - Login to powerapps, click the app, click download - and nothing.

Any insight into what Microsoft are wanting us to do?

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff

Re: Cannot download app

The Windows Store requires you to login using a "Microsoft Account", such as hotmail.com/outlook.com/etc, but that will only be used to download from the store.

Once installed when running PowerApps you can then use your O365 credentials to use PowerApps.

View solution in original post

All Replies
PowerApps Staff

The Windows Store requires you to login using a "Microsoft Account", such as hotmail.com/outlook.com/etc, but that will only be used to download from the store.

Once installed when running PowerApps you can then use your O365 credentials to use PowerApps.

Level: Powered On

OK - thank you - so we need to go register a Microsoft account so we can use our O365 account?

Tried it - it now works - eventually, once I disabled al the games and other junk that Microsoft decided my Windows 10 Pro needed. 

I really wish Microsoft would sort out it's store. It is a particularly unfriendly and unpleasant user experience in Windows 10.Or keep all the O365 stuff in the O365 portal which is a dream to use.

If we are in O365 ecosystem and Powerapps can only be used if you have O365 licensing, it does baffle me why do we need a separate Microsoft account.

I appreciate your help - I just wish it was significantly easier to get Powerapps running.