Highlighted
Level: Powered On
Accepted Solution

Changing names of screens and forms break hidden links?

I'm using the web editor, since I'm not on Windows 10 yet, so that might be the cause of some of these issues, but here are 2 odd behaviors I'm seeing.

1. When I change the name of a screen, I get a yellow warning label with the error warning: "select of a control that is not on this screen". I don't see any settings that point to a particular screen, and the app still works, but the warning message is somewhat annoying.

2. When I change the name of a form, all the data cards are still present, but they disappear visibly.

Accepted Solutions

Re: Changing names of screens and forms break hidden links?

Did some before and after comparisons and figured out why my DataCards 'disappeared'.

My forms had widths of 380 and the DataCards had widths of 376.

After renaming the form the DataCards had new widths of negative 4, which is why they were no longer visible.

376-380 = -4

Why changing the form name caused this I do not know.

View solution in original post

All Replies

I am getting that same behaviour today.  Just starting to work through troubleshooting.

Yeah, since I posted this, it's been intermittent. I have been able to change the names of some forms without losing data cards, and the warning indicators seem to have gone away for the other message.

Did some before and after comparisons and figured out why my DataCards 'disappeared'.

My forms had widths of 380 and the DataCards had widths of 376.

After renaming the form the DataCards had new widths of negative 4, which is why they were no longer visible.

376-380 = -4

Why changing the form name caused this I do not know.