Jan
Level: Powered On
Accepted Solution

Infinite loop when playing PowerApp from tile

In the last few days I have had a problem playing PowerApps from the tile layout on the https://web.powerapps.com url. It is affecting new apps as well as ones that have not changed and have previously been working.

Every time I click a tile to play an app I get an 'Infinie loop detected' message. However, if a play the apps from another screen, e.g. the Share screen, then they work.

Has anybody else seen this problem please?

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team

Re: Infinite loop when playing PowerApp from tile

Thanks @AndyPennell. Smiley Happy

@Jan, please see the thread for reference.

WebAuthoring abnormal termination

And follow the steps quoted below

Quoted:

"

Response from David Nissimoff [MSFT] ** PowerApps Staff

"

As Andy suggested, this is likely due to security settings configured in Internet Explorer (they apply to Edge as well). Please verify the following:

• In IE, click the gear icon on the top right and go to Internet Options
  • Under the Privacy tab, click "Advanced":
    • Make sure "First-party Cookies" are set to Accept
    • Make sure "Third-party Cookies" are set to Accept (we use this for authentication with Azure Active Directory. From the perspective of PowerApps, Azure AD is a third-party)
    • If enabling third-party cookies is not an option for you, please at least enable "Always allow session cookies"
  • If the above still doesn't solve your problem, go to the "Security" tab and ensure the sites "https://login.microsoftonline.com"and "https://create.powerapps.com" are in the same zone.
    • Select "Restricted sites", then click the "Sites" button and ensure none of the websites above are listed.
    • Select "Trusted sites", then click the "Sites" button. Make sure that you either have none or that you have both on the list. If you only have one of them, this can cause the problem you experienced.

NOTE: Some organizations may prevent you from changing these settings manually. If you don't see the options I described above, you might have to contact your IT department for assistance.

Hopefully this will get you going. If it doesn't, please let me know and we can try additional troubleshooting steps.

"

Regards,

Michael

View solution in original post

All Replies
Community Support Team

Hi @Jan,

Do you mean when opening app from the PowerApps home page (Recent Apps ?), it will show the error messages mentioend?

32.PNG

Would you please share a screenshot of the error messages?

I have no errors opening the App from the home page, the app would be loaded successfully in a new page.

Regards,

Michael

Jan

Yes thats right. It used to be fine. If I click the Start New Session button a few times it then displays an infinite loop error.

powerappsCapture.PNG

Community Support Team

Hi @Jan,

Thanks for the screenshots.

The Session ID mentioned here should be: a9a2b24b-d13a-6edd-9eba-a03c4f2e0395, right?

Hope it would be convenient for @AndyPennell  (PowerApps staff ) to take a further investigation regaridng the Session ID.

Besides, would it be available for you to copy the error message and paste it here?

Regards,

Michael

Jan

Thanks.

The error message is:

"WebAuthoring abnormal termination.
Client date/time: 2017-04-12T12:56:57.764Z
Version: 2.0.610
Session ID: 1979ad83-6770-bff5-e847-e8729d10dbf8
description: {"error":{"detail":{"exception":{}},"colno":0,"filename":"https://paaweucdn.azureedge.net/v2.0.610.0/studio/openSource/modified/winjs/js/base.js?v=39de24830fe... error","initErrorEvent":"[function]","bubbles":false,"cancelBubble":false,"cancelable":false,"currentTarget":"[window]","defaultPrevented":true,"eventPhase":2,"isTrusted":true,"srcElement":"[window]","target":"[window]","timeStamp":1492001817749,"type":"error","initEvent":"[function]","preventDefault":"[function]","stopImmediatePropagation":"[function]","stopPropagation":"[function]","AT_TARGET":2,"BUBBLING_PHASE":3,"CAPTURING_PHASE":1},"errorLine":0,"errorCharacter":0,"errorUrl":"https://paaweucdn.azureedge.net/v2.0.610.0/studio/openSource/modified/winjs/js/base.js?v=39de24830fe... error","setPromise":"[function]","exception":{}}
stack: null
errorNumber: 0
errorMessage: Script error"

Then if I click the start new session 3 times I get:

powerappsCapture.PNG

PowerApps Staff

@v-micsh-msft I can confirm that both the listed session ids are the same Authentication issue in the thread yesterday.

Andy Pennell, Software Engineer: PowerApps
Community Support Team

Thanks @AndyPennell. Smiley Happy

@Jan, please see the thread for reference.

WebAuthoring abnormal termination

And follow the steps quoted below

Quoted:

"

Response from David Nissimoff [MSFT] ** PowerApps Staff

"

As Andy suggested, this is likely due to security settings configured in Internet Explorer (they apply to Edge as well). Please verify the following:

• In IE, click the gear icon on the top right and go to Internet Options
  • Under the Privacy tab, click "Advanced":
    • Make sure "First-party Cookies" are set to Accept
    • Make sure "Third-party Cookies" are set to Accept (we use this for authentication with Azure Active Directory. From the perspective of PowerApps, Azure AD is a third-party)
    • If enabling third-party cookies is not an option for you, please at least enable "Always allow session cookies"
  • If the above still doesn't solve your problem, go to the "Security" tab and ensure the sites "https://login.microsoftonline.com"and "https://create.powerapps.com" are in the same zone.
    • Select "Restricted sites", then click the "Sites" button and ensure none of the websites above are listed.
    • Select "Trusted sites", then click the "Sites" button. Make sure that you either have none or that you have both on the list. If you only have one of them, this can cause the problem you experienced.

NOTE: Some organizations may prevent you from changing these settings manually. If you don't see the options I described above, you might have to contact your IT department for assistance.

Hopefully this will get you going. If it doesn't, please let me know and we can try additional troubleshooting steps.

"

Regards,

Michael

Highlighted
Jan

Didn't have create.powerapps.com in  the same zone as microsoftonline.com.

This has fixed it. Thanks.