Level: Power Up

Re: PowerApps doesn't support images from SharePoint lists

Is there any update as to when this functionality will be available?

Level: Powered On

It seems the Power App people are sweeping this issue under the rug.

The key factor here is the ability to share with users, so far this has not been able to be done. I decided to stop any development with this application, since November I have not been able to share data using onedrive and that onedrive is a sister company.

Indeed - I find the current approach of sharepoint and its associated 'apps' rather uncoordinated.

If sharepoint was what it is intended to be - a central location of company data - the connectivity and ease with which this infomation can be viewed, shared and used in other microsoft 'apps' is clearly a central requirement.

To propogate 'apps' that fail to provide, what on the face of it, is the most fundemental requiremnts - show images from a sharepoint library - is at best an oversight. I enjoy using Microsoft products and like the direction things seem to be going in, but its infuritating to be promised something that should have such massive potential - but then have some basic failings.

LIke the sharpeoint PowerBI connection to sharepoint, it just doesn't make sense from a business point of view let alone a users point of view.

Fingers crossed MS sort this out quickly.

PowerApps Staff

Hi everyone, we appreciate your feedback. We do understand this is an important requirement, and we are working to make this functionality available in the second quarter of this year.

That's great to hear, thank you. I appreciate the complexity of software delivery, but I trust the team at Powerapps understand the frustration of being given a tool that has a number of fundamental gaps. Fingers crossed all goes to plan.

I appreciate the update. Thank you.

Hi KeremY,

This is good news!! It is sad that I had to put a stop to this project as I hit a wall with both Sharepoint and OneDrive. If this really does happen I can maybe convince my CEO to give this another try.

Thanks for your reply.

Monica

Hi there, is the release of this functionality on course for release for the second quarter? It's such an important feature.
Level: Power Up

Totaly need this for a project Smiley Frustrated

Very Thank's for this update

I'm looking forward to this feature. I mean that I can now continue according to the way of using SharePoint lists and then I add the photo feature in the APP