Level: Powered On
Accepted Solution

Remove CDS Fake/Mock Data?

Is there a way to remove the fake data in the CDS? It's an unbelievable pain to delete the records.

Accepted Solutions

Re: Remove CDS Fake/Mock Data?

Actually found it. Not great, but on the main Entity screen there is an ellipsis in the top right and you can choose to clear all data from the database. A little worried that it's not reversible and only a click or 2 away, but got the job done.

View solution in original post

All Replies

Actually found it. Not great, but on the main Entity screen there is an ellipsis in the top right and you can choose to clear all data from the database. A little worried that it's not reversible and only a click or 2 away, but got the job done.

Highlighted

I see that solution, but did you find a way to clear the data from just one Entity instead of clearing data from ALL entities? I feel like it should be more obvious how to do it. I plan to regularly import updated data from my main Access DB.

I did not, I just blew everything away in that environment. Not sure if there is a way to do it per entity, but since there are restrictions on relationships, that means you may have to clear data from multiple entities anyway.

Ok thanks. It seems like it would be much more rare to need to clear all data from all entities. I'll keep looking for a way to do it.