Level: Powered On

Re: dml triggers causing failure of table updates

Hi @v-micsh-msft any update on this please? More people seem to be experiencing this issue and keen for a workaround. Please let us know if it is being worked on - I have had to delay my rollout of PowerApps to my org because of this so would llike to understand the time frame for it being investigated and (hopefully) resolved.

Thanks

Graham

Community Support Team

Hi @gcoates and others,

Apologize that currently I don't have any information regarding the date, I will try to forward this again.

Appreciate your patience.

Regards

Microsoft Employee

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue. My powerapp was working perfectly fine until I added triggers(AFTER INSERT & AFTER DELETE) to the database which has been connected to the powerapp.

Request anyone to update the thread if they have a workaround. I shall also let you guys know about a workaround if I find soemthing.

Thanks,

Karthik

Same problem here.

We have an app writing back to an on-prem SQL server table with an update trigger.

Show stopper for us!

Any news @v-micsh-msft???

Level: Power Up

We're having the same problem, triggers have been fundamental in data architecture for decades. I hope Microsoft fix this else PowerApps can go on the junk heap.

Highlighted

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Enable-use-of-triggers-in-Azure-SQL-Tables/idc-p...

Appears to be treated like a Feature based on this. At least it's planned!