cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BrianR
Level 10

Re: Injecting updated JSON into msapp without error

@JamesA , sorry to hear that did not work for you.  

I haven't yet tried to edit any of the files and place them back in the zip/msapp, so perhaps this wouldn't work for me either.  In the past this was simple.

In actuality it is a shame that we even NEED to do this since PowerApps messes up code so badly it puts your app in these states.  

As mentioned earlier, I had to ENTIRELY rebuild my app from scratch (meaning create new app and then cut/paste, and modify everything in it from an older app) in order to get things to work.  Most of the Width and X values (especially) and many of the Y and Height values for MOST of the controls were wiped out when importing components as well as cutting and pasting the controls between apps (or even within the same app).  These appear to be NEW bugs (or at least MUCH worse than in the past).

And code continually being automatically changed (formulas wiped out, even some static values changed at times, sometimes collection property accesses replaced with garbage, etc) is ridiculous.

Spent FOUR HOURS last night trying to recover from this type of stuff in order to otherwise fix a problem (mine) that should have taken 10 minutes.

kaband
Level: Powered On

Re: Injecting updated JSON into msapp without error

It's a big issue and it makes powerapps very frustrating to work within.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Users Online
Currently online: 287 members 1,874 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: