cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Craig77
Level: Powered On

Sample Leave Request

Hi Guys,

So i have seen the powerapps Leave Request sample which looks really good.  I'm trying to undesratnd how it works and i figure they best way would be to try and build an app myself.  Completely new to powerapps. 

The leave request sample allows you to login as staff or manager and i'm wondering how this works and how it knows who is your manager is for approval.  Also, how to do change managers etc. I have found the data source for the app but as far as i can see there is no table linking staff to managers.

Many thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Boneckrh19
Level 8

Re: Sample Leave Request

This is in the code: 

Office365Users.Manager(MyProfile.Id).Id})

Which basically means it's looking up the current users manager in Office 365. I have to change that for my company because we don't have employees labeled correctly in 365 for it to work based on that, but that's where you would have to change it.

(NewRequestScreen is where the code is located.)

Gangula

@Boneckrh19 , Can you help me further with this? I can't seem to find this code anywhere.

Boneckrh19
Level 8

Are you using the version of this template that was available in 2018? They have since updated the template and I found it to be a much better version to modify and use. I highly recommend using this updated version.

If you are using the old one, the code is on the NewRequestScreen. Beyond that, I no longer have a copy of the old version and wouldn't be able to remember where specifically the code is. If you would like to screenshot what you are looking at, perhaps I could be of more help.

What exactly is it you are trying to do?
For my company (since we are not using the manager field in Office365) we have the employees just pick their manager from a dropdown list that comes from the systems User entity (table) in the CDS. You could also create a CDS entity to hold a table of employees to managers, or even better you could create it as a collection (table) within the apps OnStart.

Highlighted
Gangula

Thank you @Boneckrh19 , I found the code. I will check out how to customize it specific to my need.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Users Online
Currently online: 408 members 2,873 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: