cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Omertron
Level: Powered On

Transfer ownership of environment

At the moment, we can create a total of 2 environments per Plan 2 licence. 

As the "responsible" person in the organisation for PowerApps, I am creating some environments for new projects, but get stuck as I can only have 2 production environments where each project generally needs 2 each (Live & dev/UAT).

How do I increase this limit? Work around it?

Generally speaking our business won't want to manage this level of admin of the applications, so we're stuck creating "fake" admins (promoting other users to being Plan2) and using them to create the environments, but it would be useful if the environment limit could be shared across all Plan 2 licence holders.

Any thoughts? Am I missing something?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Transfer ownership of environment

Hi @Omertron ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

For your first question, do you want to create more environments (>2) within your PowerApps Admin Center?

Currently, within PowerApps, we could only create 2 Environments per user per Plan 2 license. I afraid that there is no way to increase this limit in PowerApps currently.

Please check the following article for more details:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/

For your second question, if you want the environment limit could be shared across all Plan 2 licence holders, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Omertron
Level: Powered On

Re: Transfer ownership of environment

Hi, 

Sure.

We are a large organisation with >10,000 employees and are using PowerApps to deliver applications across multiple sectors within our remit. 

Sometimes we have business superusers who have Plan 2 licences who create environments for their sectors of responsibility, and store all their applications in there (usualy 1 production environment).

For larger projects, we wanted to create environments that were specific to those projects by creating a Live environment and a UAT/Test/Dev environment.

Two issues with that. Firstly, as a Group IT person I am responsible for more than one of those projects, therefore when I can only create 2 environments it does not allow me to then transfer them someone else to "manage" or be responsible for.

We now have a compound issue, that if someone has created an environment who subsequently leaves the business, there is no way for a new person to take over that environment (some functions are still only available to the creator of an object -- be that environment, connection, app, etc.).

We can have a Global Admin update the Environment Admin so someone can manage it, but what happens when the licence is removed from the person who left the business?

If you want PowerApps to be truely accepted by an enterprise then these sorts of issues need to be understood and have ways of working through them.

Please advise if there is any sort of powershell command script that would allow me to do what I am asking and I can get one of our GA's to run that.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Users Online
Currently online: 540 members 4,516 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: