cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
PowerApps Staff peterv333
PowerApps Staff

New PCF Tooling version now available!

Today we are making available an updated version of PCF tooling and are excited to announce that this new version (02.856.1) is offering support for dataset controls in the local control harness as well as a number of other enhancements like:

• PowerApps CLI and PCF tooling are now localization ready
  • PCF build output enhancements include:
    • Colorization
    • Timestamps
    • Formatting updates
  • PCF build now produces formal error codes in conjunction with error messages
  • A .gitingnore file is added for all newly created CDS solution projects
  • Added initialization of control context attributes with default values in the local control harness
  • We are also enabling clean target for Solution projects

Please make sure to update your Microsoft PowerApps CLI to the latest version 02.856.1 and take advantage of all the latest capabilities by following the upgrade instructions.

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to respond to this post.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff

Re: New PCF Tooling version now available!

The version 0.2.59 is the Nuget package version. Please note once this package version is installed the CLI version displayed within the tool is 0.2.856.1. If you you installed the latest package, you are set with the latest features

Capture.JPG

12 REPLIES 12
TanguyT
Level: Powered On

When trying to update PCF, it updates to version Microsoft.PowerApps.CLI.0.2.59, not 02.856.1

mbeard

Same.

Attempting to gather dependency information for package 'Microsoft.PowerApps.CLI.0.2.59'
jaguil3ra

Same here.

picture.jpg

BillOwens

Love whats in the update above, but I too just tried it and I am only getting Microsoft.PowerApps.CLI.0.2.59 as well. I nrealy need the support for dataset controls. Any eta when we will be able to update to 02.856.1

PowerApps Staff

The version 0.2.59 is the Nuget package version. Please note once this package version is installed the CLI version displayed within the tool is 0.2.856.1. If you you installed the latest package, you are set with the latest features

Capture.JPG

PowerApps Staff

Capture.JPG

BillOwens

When you say support for dataset controls , are you saying that the npm start will provide support for datasets? If so, what special things must I do to get it to work. I have the latest version, I checked by typeing pac and it is this version. I created a test data 'pac pcf init --namespace Avtex --name Test2 --template dataset', npm install, npm run build, and then npm start. However, I get a message Datsets inputs customization coming soon. 

jaguil3ra

You must add your own logic . You can use this example https://docs.microsoft.com/es-es/powerapps/developer/component-framework/sample-controls/table-grid-....

I'm guiding myself with that example and I'm building this example1.jpg

PowerApps Staff HemantG
PowerApps Staff

>>Datsets inputs customization coming soon.

The data inputs for the control in debug harness is fixed today and message means that that support for input customization will be added soon. Are you able to render the control at all, please share the manifest.