cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TanguyT
Level: Powered On

Bug in context.mode.contextInfo property for subgrid : entityTypeName gives incorrect value

When using context.mode.contextInfo, property entityId gives the id of the parent form record, which is what is expected. But property entityTypeName gives the name of the subgrid entity and not the parent form entity.

Two questions:

• when contextInfo will come as a predefined and supported property of property "mode"?
  • when a fix can be expected for this bug?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ToddTrotter

Re: Bug in context.mode.contextInfo property for subgrid : entityTypeName gives incorrect value

Hi TanguyT, 

Currently, this API is not documented and not supported.   We understand the need for controls to get this type of context information and will be exposing it through supported APIs soon.   

Todd

5 REPLIES 5
ben-thompson
Level 8

Re: Bug in context.mode.contextInfo property for subgrid : entityTypeName gives incorrect value

How are you accessing context.mode.contextInfo?

contextInfo is not a published accessible attribute of context.mode within the PCF framework.

TanguyT

I know but this is the only way included (even if not documented, this is why I asked) that should let you know the context of the entity record the PCF component is rendered
ToddTrotter

Hi TanguyT, 

Currently, this API is not documented and not supported.   We understand the need for controls to get this type of context information and will be exposing it through supported APIs soon.   

Todd

TanguyT

Great! Please don’t forget to fix the bug where EntityTypeName shows the wrong value
Highlighted
ben-thompson
Level 8

So that explains why my idea request for access to context.mode.contextInfo disappeared so quickly...

I'm glad to hear it's arriving soon as that saves me writing the workaround I thought I would have to create to do things in a "supported" way...

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 208 members 5,676 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: