cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Foxzor
Helper III
Helper III

Check two different value/text in columns of Sharepoint list and set button property based on it.

Hello!

I would like to ask a solution for the following:

I have a sharepoint list where there is a column what is contains different e-mail addresses (Column A) and an another column (Column B) what is contains the status of the item("In progress").

I have a button what I would like to set visibile if the person's e-mail address who is entered in the app equal any e-mail address in Column A and the matched item's status is "In progress' in the Column B)

This is what I figured so far: In the begginning of the app I am loading into a global variable the following:

Set(
var_My,
Office365Users.MyProfileV2().mail <- With that I will know the person's email address who entered in the app. Now, I need to compare this received e-mail address with the mentioned column A's e-mail addresses AND the status and set visible property to TRUE for the relevant button 

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mahoneypat
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

One approach would be to create a collection when the app opens that gets the SharePoint list items created/modified by the current user.  You can then set your visible property based on if the count of that collection filtered with Status of "In Progress" is >0.  Or, depending on your use case, you could just have the initial collection filter on both user and status.

Pat

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about the Power Platform, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mahoneypat
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

One approach would be to create a collection when the app opens that gets the SharePoint list items created/modified by the current user.  You can then set your visible property based on if the count of that collection filtered with Status of "In Progress" is >0.  Or, depending on your use case, you could just have the initial collection filter on both user and status.

Pat

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about the Power Platform, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Hello @mahoneypat !

Thank you for your suggestion. I moved an another direction but your solution was also workable!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,478)