cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New_User1

Create Planner task when new SharePoint list item added and criteria met

Hello,

I'm trying to create a Flow that will make a new task in an existing Planner board when an item is added to a SharePoint list and is assigned to my team via a specific value in the "CX Pod" column contained in this list.

I've created the initial Flow, and in testing it looks like the condition step always returns false, but the when an item is created step returns correct results.

Screenshot 

What's the best way to achieve this functionality?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Use an expression to get the "Value" within the JSON. I'm not the best at this but it'll be something like: equals(outputs('Compose')?['Value'],'GSO') //evaluates to true/false

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisMendoza
Resolver II
Resolver II

@New_User1- what is the output value returned from [CX Pod]? Write a simple 'Compose' action before your condition and check the value.

ScottShearer
Super User III
Super User III

@New_User1 

Any chance that you could click on the camera icon and paste in your screen shot rather than using a link?

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Here's a screenshot with the compose action inserted before the condition. Everything else is the same as in the original screenshot.

New_User1_0-1620849335601.png

Here you go, see if this is more clear:

New_User1_1-1620849385549.png

Use an expression to get the "Value" within the JSON. I'm not the best at this but it'll be something like: equals(outputs('Compose')?['Value'],'GSO') //evaluates to true/false

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Users online (77,754)