cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnjohn123
Super User
Super User

How i can show a list of all approvers inside the approval email

I have a field named Approvals which is of type sharepoint managed metadata field which allow mutiple selection, and  i am sending them an Approval email as follow:-

custom.png

so my question is if i can list all the Approval users inside the approval email body? for example to list them as follow:-

1) Username 1

2) username 2

3) ....

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Gopala_Krishna
Super User
Super User

@johnjohn123 

You can definitely get that, for more information related to approval and the markdown format supported and how to get the list of users, you can visit the link shared below.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/approvals-markdown-support

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the information shared helps you, please consider giving a thumbs up and mark solution as resolved

@Gopala_Krishna  can you advice more of this?

johnjohn123
Super User
Super User

any advice on this post please?

Hello @johnjohn123 ,

If I get your issue correctly, you want to display all the Approvers from an array or so in the Approval Email Body sent to each of these Approvers in the format of Numbered List.

If my assumption is correct, then you can achieve this by following below steps

1. Initialize a String Variable, to hold the formatted data
  2. Then add an Apply to Each action pass the array of Approvers as input
  3. Within Apply to Each, add Append to String Variable action and set the value as - 0.[Approver Name] where "0." is the markup we need to use to create a numbered list and [Approver Name] is the Dynamic Content referring to the Approver's Name (field) in the Current Item from Apply to Each
    1. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/approvals-markdown-support#lists 
  4. You now have the markup ready, so in the Details Section of the Approval, you can directly add the String Variable and should see the List of Approvers in Email.

If you found this helpful, please give a Kudo and Mark this reply as Solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,878)