cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suelahmed
Frequent Visitor

How to fix the following error?

Hi All,

I am currently getting an error while executing a flow.

The error is in one column particular. The excel sheet has a column that contains the hyperlink. These hyperlink needs to be copied to sharepoint list. But the flow is throwing the following error:

OpenApiOperationParameterTypeConversionFailed. The 'inputs.parameters' of workflow operation 'Update_item_2' of type 'OpenApiConnection' is not valid. Error details: Input parameter 'item/Link' is required to be of type 'String/uri'. The runtime value '"BPIA-00018 "' to be converted doesn't have the expected format 'String/uri'.

The sharepoint column type is string with rich text (hyperlink) enabled. I have also tried the column type as hyperlink.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@suelahmed As excel connector does not return hyperlink attached with text. You need to create one more column in excel sheet and add Text hyperlink in that column then you can use it.

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Mark as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Hardesh15
Super User
Super User

@suelahmed  Pls use one compose action and pass your Excel column which has link. Share output of compose action.

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Mark as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh

It gives the text but not the hyperlink.

manuelstgomes
Super User
Super User

Hi @suelahmed 

Just to complement @Hardesh15 good reply, notice that the value that is being provided in the "Update Item" step is "BPIA-00018" and that's not an URL. That's the error that you're getting. Please check if that column you have this value where an URL should be.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

Hi,
This BPIA-0018 contains the hyperlink but in the flow I am getting only the text.

Thanks for the help thoughs

Regards,

suel

@suelahmed As excel connector does not return hyperlink attached with text. You need to create one more column in excel sheet and add Text hyperlink in that column then you can use it.

@Hardesh

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,903)