cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vk96

Power Automate BPF for multi-user process

Hello everHyone,

I'm new to applying power automate, so apologies if I am missing obvious insights.

I am looking at typical business process management flow where one user provides data on a new project. This process then moves to the next user from another user role to review and add their piece of information such as Financial Accounting Capex number and finally a third user from yet another user role to review and approve the creation of the project. 

Is this something that can be achieved using Power Automate Business Process Flow? 

Many thanks for your kind response. 

VK

1 REPLY 1
carl1to
Frequent Visitor

Hi VK

I would say this is exactly what BPF is supposed to be used for. I tried BPF in a model-driven in a similar 'workflow-managment' scenario where a data-item moves from stage to stage where at each stage a person with a specific role has to do some task and deliver the data.

For your scenario the stages in the BPF would be like: 'init', 'accounting', 'final review'.

You could hard-code the users responsible for each stage or you could let it be set by the process itself. You can then attach a cloud-flow that is triggeret by the BPF-related table to notify each person when they recieve a new item.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,676)