cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zeyrx

Trigger on sharing link/file being used/accessed

Hello, i'm wondering if it is possible to get notification for every time a sharing link is used ? or even better if it can track if a file inside the sharing link has been accessed ?

I've been searching for this but didn't found any article about any trigger that works on link/file being accessed.

I've been sharing files twice a month using sharepoint sharing link (the link is refering to the parent folder), i know we can check who have ever have used the link we share, but it doesn't give information on when is the link used for each user or if certain subfolder/file have been accessed.

My ultimate goal is to generate report on which team/user is actively accessing the file, so i can bring it on the meeting.

Thanks for the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jinivthakkar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@zeyrx There a lot of details available in Usage Reports in Admin center, you can check once with Admin they can try writing a custom Powershell script to generate what you need, a lot of things can be done using Powershell. Just try once.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jinivthakkar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@zeyrx  There is no trigger for sure but I think you can get details from Admin center, please try this out.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/sharing-reports

Not just this but there are many types of reports which can be made available from Admin center, you  can have some automation in place which would generate the report and send you as required, so you don't need to have Admin center access. Check once with your Admin team.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Too bad, i was afraid if there is no trigger for it.

Thanks for the suggestion, it certainly helps alot for generating the report, but sadly there are still no information on when was a certain user access the folder (or vice versa) and the information is limited on the first folder (excluded subfolder and files).

Is it possible to get both information ?

jinivthakkar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@zeyrx There a lot of details available in Usage Reports in Admin center, you can check once with Admin they can try writing a custom Powershell script to generate what you need, a lot of things can be done using Powershell. Just try once.

View solution in original post

zeyrx

Thanks for answering again, iirc Admin Center is only available for administrator level, so in company account that means the IT team is the only one to have access on this, right ?

If so, then i guess there is nothing to be done, but again, thanks for answering my question, i'll mark this as solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,275)