cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peter_L
Helper I
Helper I

Can't publish bot, says topic contains errors but it doesn't

Hey there! Unfortunately I am not able to publish my bot, because one of the topics apparently contains errors. 

It also says so in the topic overview list but when I check inside the canvas and the topic checker everything seems to be fine. 

How can I fix this? 

Thank you so much in advance!

PS: The topic is pretty complex, I don't think it would help to share screenshots here. Especially since the issue doesn't seem to be my flow not working (when I test it, everything also works fine).

13 REPLIES 13
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @Peter_L,

Like you already mentioned, normally you should see these errors in the topic checker. And you would be able to  click the error, that should go to the action which is erroring and highlights it in red.

So, that is not the case in your situation? Nothing is highlighted in red on the canvas, and there are no links in the topic checker?

Btw, typical errors you might want to check in your topic:

- Node: The entire node is incorrect 
- Field: The field might be missing required data
- Expression: The expression might be invalid
- Variable deletion: A variable in a topic was deleted. This causes the variable to become "orphaned", and it must be either removed or replaced.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/authoring-topic-management#topic-errors

Example of how the topic checker should work.

topicchecker.png

Peter_L
Helper I
Helper I

Hey there!
Thanks for the response! 

Peter_L_0-1627297888907.png

This is what is displayed in the topic overview.

Peter_L_1-1627297986521.png

However, the topic checker isn't able to find something. It also works perfectly well when I test it and I can't find anything that could cause problems.

Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @Peter_L,

That looks strange. Have you tried a different browser, maybe that makes a difference.

Otherwise, I would suggest you to open a service request from your M365 Admin Centre and get Microsoft Support involved. Maybe they can find the root cause of this?

Peter_L
Helper I
Helper I

Due to security reasons at our company, PVA only works in MS Teams. I guess we will open a ticket, thank you so much!

Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @Peter_L,

To clarify, I was talking about opening the authoring canvas of that topic in a different browser. Maybe then the errors render properly?

Peter_L
Helper I
Helper I

Unfortunately not, the issue still persists. I mean it could be that something in my flow is also wrong but I can't figure out what. I've been working a lot with PVA recently and I don't think that this is one of the regular error.

If this is not a bug it must be something that PVA doesn't allow but doesn't mark as an error.

However, I really can't find anything that could cause this 😕

Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Keep us posted on the progress of your ticket. Keen to know what was causing this.

Peter_L
Helper I
Helper I

I tried to rebuild the whole thing and I know what causes the error.

Peter_L_0-1627388536455.png

Some of the text in those conditions is apparently the problem, e.g. if I go from "Dokument(AZ)" to "hzrfneje" it works. But why? And how can I solve this? 😄 I am really confused haha 

Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

@Peter_L, ah special characters. Maybe they need to be URL encoded or escaped. Let me try and reproduce in my dev tenant.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,054)