cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JBlackham

Error Publishing Updates to PVA

I published the PVA to a demo site and later made some additional tweaks to a topic.  Now when I try to publish these changes I get an error message that 1 topic contains errors.  I've run the topic checker on the topic I changed and it says there are no errors and warnings, but publishing still fails.  Is there something I'm missing or is this a potential bug?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Vincent_vds

I encounter the same issue. Can you check if you have the same behavior in your flow?

Just to give some background info:

1. Bot is used to create a workspace in O365 based on a template (Teams, SharePoint...)
  2. User must fill in some parameters and via the Power Automate action the input is validated (check if the team/site already exists...)
  3. Based on the outcome of Power Automate, a condition decides if the bot goes to the next step or sends the user to the original question (see screenshot). 

I've figured out that this issue happens if I create a link between the outcome of the condition and the original question. If I delete this link, I can publish the bot. 

This seems like a bug to me? 

ggupta
PVA
PVA

@JBlackham, can you share some more information on what you are doing in your topic? If possible, please share a screenshot of the dialog where the error shows? Thanks, Gitika.

@Vincent_vds --  That was my problem!  Thanks for helping me debug it.  My flow had a recursive loop and went back to an earlier stage in the flow.  Apparently it can't/won't publish if you do that.  If you aren't allowed to make a recursive flow loop, the drag-and-drop editor should flag that as an error or at least flag it as a warning.  It instead said that there was nothing wrong and allowed you to publish and then failed with unhelpful error logs.

@ggupta any idea if this is a bug or it has been implemented by design? 

@Vincent_vds, this does seem like a bug: Recursive dialogs aren't allowed, but we don't error out in the dialog. In fact, from what I see, this doesn't have anything to do with the Power Automate flow you have, its the fact that you have a recursive dialog that's causing the publish to fail.

I have flagged it to the team and will write back when I know more about how we will handle it. Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

Canadian Cloud 2022 768x460.png

Register for a free PVA chatbot creation workshop.

Learn how to respond rapidly to your customers and employees at scale, using intelligent conversational chatbots.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,154)