cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Issue publishing bots in teams

I've created a bot in teams, which has been published and approved as a teams app.  Since the first published, the name of the bot has been changed and I'm no longer able to publish and get the following error (Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Diagnostic Trace Id: RDz0H)

. Has anyone else experienced this and have they managed to resolve?

Thanks, 

Jamie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi,

We have resolved the issue. We turned every topic off and turned on and re-published one by one.

We found there was one text box that had an issue for some reason, but it was only text with a working hyperlink.

There are a few things to note:
  1. There were no error messages that indicated there was an error with the topic so we had to review each topic one by one and sever topic connections to make it work

2. There error message is quite unclear to the normal user and makes it seem like there is a wider issue with Teams and the data connector

Thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @jab365 ,

Did you follow the requirement of the icon? (30 KB)

And try to sign-out of your team, and sign-in, and try again, please.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+1.000 students | 25% OFF) : https://www.udemy.com/pva-beginners
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi,

We have been having the same issue since Friday/Saturday:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Diagnostic Trace Id: kkdM8

The ID changes each time.

We have signed in and out with no resolution - any suggestions?

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @nic_taylor ,

I sent a message to your topic here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Publish-Channel-Management/Object-reference-not-set-to-an-instan...

@jab365 ,

Do you know if the issue persists for you?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+1.000 students | 25% OFF) : https://www.udemy.com/pva-beginners
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi,

We have resolved the issue. We turned every topic off and turned on and re-published one by one.

We found there was one text box that had an issue for some reason, but it was only text with a working hyperlink.

There are a few things to note:
  1. There were no error messages that indicated there was an error with the topic so we had to review each topic one by one and sever topic connections to make it work

2. There error message is quite unclear to the normal user and makes it seem like there is a wider issue with Teams and the data connector

Thanks

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks, this worked.  I didn't have to amend any topics, so slightly different

1. Turned off all custom topics published bot 
  2. Turned on one custom topic then published bot (repeat until all topics are switched on)

I've since done a minor change and tested the publish process and all seems to be back to normal 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PVA Commnity Blog

NEW Power Virtual Agents Community Blog

View articles posted by fellow community members on the Power Virtual Agents Community Blog!

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,813)