cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SurajGuptha
Regular Visitor

Power Automate workflows don't work inside teams channels

I created a PVA bot for teams which calls power automate workflows. When I use the Bot as an app, it works perfectly fine. But when I try to @ the bot from a teams channel, all steps before the call to power automate works and then it goes dead. 

Is Power Automate even supported outside of a bot app and in team's channels? We have a support channel and I want to users of the channel to @ the bot to get answers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @SurajGuptha ,

There is a limitation within the PVA bots, you can only run bots in the Personal scope (share as an app >> private user conversation with the bot and not in the channels😞 

• Currently only the Personal scope is supported for Microsoft Teams, so users can only have a private conversation with the bot.

Publish your chatbot with the Power Virtual Agents app in Microsoft Teams - Power Virtual Agents | M...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.760 students) : English | Português

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @SurajGuptha ,

There is a limitation within the PVA bots, you can only run bots in the Personal scope (share as an app >> private user conversation with the bot and not in the channels😞 

• Currently only the Personal scope is supported for Microsoft Teams, so users can only have a private conversation with the bot.

Publish your chatbot with the Power Virtual Agents app in Microsoft Teams - Power Virtual Agents | M...

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Thanks! Do you know if the team is going release this feature soon? Is there someplace I can request this feature? 

renatoromao
Super User
Super User

@SurajGuptha ,

You can create ideas here: Power Virtual Agents Ideas - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

And follow the planned features here: New and planned features for Power Virtual Agents, 2021 release wave 2 | Microsoft Docs

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is really unfortunate. I just demoed the bot to my team with the intention of loading it within a specific Team, but we can only load it as a side app? Why even ask to attach it to a specific Team if it's not going to show up there? This oversight on my part is going to make me look foolish when I publish the bot...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Virtual Agents Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Virtual Agents!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,799)