cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

So I've published my bot to teams BUT...

Is there a way I can publish it to a specific team as a tab?

TattooedCRMGirl_0-1593466428378.png

As in right here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: So I've published my bot to teams BUT...

Hi @TattooedCRMGirl ,

Yes, sure!

You can add a new tab of the Website type, inside the URL insert the Demo website of your bot or the Custom Website URL of your bot (just remember to use the src property inside the custom website channel)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+1.000 students): https://www.udemy.com/pva-beginners

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @TattooedCRMGirl ,

Yes, sure!

You can add a new tab of the Website type, inside the URL insert the Demo website of your bot or the Custom Website URL of your bot (just remember to use the src property inside the custom website channel)

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+1.000 students): https://www.udemy.com/pva-beginners

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

@renatoromao , I have tried it out it works. I have a related question to publish to Teams. Does this method works for customized canvas code?  Noticed that channel required iframe src to publish, how does it works for HTML embedded code. (Correct me if I am wrong)

Thanks for advise. 

Regards, 

Lee Yong

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @Leeyong88 ,

Yes, exactly.

You can add a custom canvas URL into the Website tab.

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

@renatoromao , based on this method (Add Website in Ms Team). I will required go thru this path: 
Customized canvas code embedded in custom website -> Use the URL then add website in Ms Team. 

My questions here are:
1. If I have customized canvas code, can I direct configure BOT in Ms Team? Or Yammer? I need to have special permission from Ms Team to direct configure?

2. I have a main custom website for the one product, to avoid the BOT customized canvas code mixed with main product page, IT Deployment team advise to host BOT customized canvas code on a new page. (Set a button link on main product page link to new BOT page).

Let say I have 10 servers will using the same BOT, I will need to have another 10 new pages to host my BOT with customized canvas code. May I get your opinion on this ?

Appreciate your guidance. 🙏

Regards, 

Lee Yong

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @Leeyong88 ,

1- No, you have two options. The first option, you can implement the PVA directly to Teams using the Channels configuration. The second option, you can implement the PVA publishing inside the custom website and provide this URL to the MS Teams tab. (maybe you can have the third option considering to create a Bot Framework to integrate with PVA and implement like a Bot inside Teams, but I never tested and I don`t know if works well)

2- I recommend you use one bot and the same page because the 10 servers will use the same chatbot and the unique requirement is to read another page. (follow that you said)

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Thank you @renatoromao 😉

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,944)